Monday, April 18, 2016

How to throw a Gender Reveal Party on a Budget

After talking with a friend about Gender Reveal Parties, I mentioned to her that I basically threw ours together in 2 days. We weren't planning on having one last year, but then I thought- why not!?
I then realized I never made a post about it. (Something about having a baby, blah, blah, blah...)

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget


Thanks to party decor I already had, some printables others created and the Dollar Store, our Gender Reveal Party was all ready! We also didn't know what gender our kiddo was until less than a day before we revealed (our ultrasound was the day before the party)- so we didn't have to keep the secret long. We basically told everyone at/during the time of the Reveal Party.

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget front door


First thing to do for a gender reveal party- make everything pink & blue.

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
Ring Pops, candles & baby pins from the Dollar Store.
Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
Posterboard and paper from Dollar Store.
Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
Chalkboard Banner Kit by Stampin' Up.
Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
Dressed up a feather wreath I had from Xmas.
Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
Our big Light Up Sign was ready to roll.
People were told to wear whichever color they thought the kiddo would be. Also everyone was told to write their name under which "team" they thought the kid would be.

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor
The drink setup and where people cast their votes.
At the golden hour, we opened our reveal pull pinata that I finished off the night before:



After the big reveal- everyone had surprise cupcakes (also made the night before, shortly after finding out the gender ourselves). I used this tutorial from 2 Sisters 2 Cities when making the cupcakes. In theory, we could of just had this as the big reveal, but I really wasn't sure how they'd turn out, so I did the pinata as the main reveal.

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget cupcakes
The cupcake before
Gender Reveal Party on a Budget cupcakes open
Once the cupcake was bit-into
The drinks/punches we made- Strawberry Lemonade soda and Tropical Rum for the pink side, and Blue Curacao with Coconut Wave soda for the blue side. (I made non-alcoholic versions for me and a few others who didn't drink).

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor drinks

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor

I also made snacks for people to take home. I used treat bags and stamps from Stampin' Up!

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget treat bags

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget treat bags

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget treat bags

I used various printables at the party from:


Aside from the fact that our pinata reveal kinda fell on our heads, it was a fun easy party. We also asked everyone to write down their name & address, so we could send birthday cards to them on their birthdays (as well as already have their addresses for thank you cards & Christmas cards).

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor

It was a fun time, and didn't take much time or money to make it fun.

Gender Reveal Party on a Budget decor


I hope this gives you some ideas if you're in the midst of planning a Gender Reveal Party of your own.
Have a great day!
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!